
Our past week has been quite busy, but oh so much fun! My mom and dad flew in last Saturday and stayed through Wednesday. On Saturday, we took it easy for a couple hours before heading off to Ponte Vedra. We went to Pusser's Caribbean Grill for dinner and afterwards took the long way home. Brad chauffeured us through many beautiful neighborhoods as we all joked about the prices of the homes (there are some well-to-do's for sure). Sunday morning we took my parents to our church. Brad and I have been attending Kernan Boulevard Baptist Church since October and have loved it! We have made many friends through going there, but have especially grown close to an older couple. Mr. Charley and Mrs. Sally (Charlie Brown and Sally) have "adopted" us and been so gracious. They had invited my parents and Bradley and I to lunch on Sunday afternoon. At lunch, mom and dad quickly saw why we loved Kernan so much. Everyone is friendly, very giving, and all around great.
We came home after lunch, changed clothes and headed for Fernandina Beach/Amelia Island. We drove to Mayport and grabbed the ferry boat to ride across to A1A. I had never ridden a ferry before, so I thought it was cool! The drive to Fernandina Beach is one of the prettiest drives Bradley and I have ever taken. I snapped several pictures along the way to share.
You can see several ship masts in the distance docked at Naval Station Mayport
A couple of kite surfers
Once in Fernandina Beach, we drove to the downtown area. Downtown Fernandina is a quaint little place, right on the water and full of neat shops. First stop was at the ice cream shop for a cup of froyo...compliments of Ginger. We continued to enjoy the day walking around and popping in and out of stores along the way.
| On the ferry ride home from Fernandina/Amelia Island. |
Monday was beach day. Mom and I had fun playing in the sand...we made "I love you" hearts for Bradley and I, Wes and Laurie, and SB and Kolby. I think they all got a good laugh anyway.


Time
with mom and dad was finished off with wonderful meals and great
shopping! Their visit was cut one day short, but it was awesome to get
to spend some time with them. We look forward to them coming back soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment