Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Grandpa Porter would be proud...

Bradley and I have recently gotten on a kick of going fishing every chance we get. We both absolutely love to fish so needless to say, we've been having some fun! The weather has been nothing short of perfect and the fish are biting.

Day 1 of fishing:

First day we went, we had to battle the Tax Collector's Office for fishing licenses. After waiting for an hour and a half, Bradley and I were official. We were fuming at this point and so ready to get out to the water. Why are DMV's always a nightmare and filled with idiots? I will not get off on that tangent today, but boy would I have a lot to say about that! Next, we went to the bait shop and bought squid to use as our bait. I told Bradley that I had never smelled anything like what it smelled like inside of the bait shop. Since we've been back....I did not go in. The smell is horrible! Anyways, off to water we went. We parked off of Mayport Road and gave the brackish water a go.



View 1



Well, that spot was not going all that great so we moved across the street.


View 2



If you haven't seen Brad's new toy, here it is. We have enjoyed it tremendously so far!


We ended up not catching anything that day. We think it was the bait we chose?

Day 2 of fishing:

We went to the beach to surf fish and used frozen shrimp as our bait this time. We were there for 30 minutes before the rain began and we got soaked! Again, unsuccessful day.

Day 3 of fishing:

Bradley got home early from work on Monday afternoon and was off from work the next day. Therefore, I begged and begged for us to go fishing. Finally, I got my way (like always) and we headed to the beach again. Kicker this time was we were there from 4:30 through sunset and used very fresh shrimp as our bait. Brad would throw my line for me and would say now don't move it because I have it in the perfect spot (as his Grandpa Porter would tell him as a kid).


Our combo worked this time and here is whitey #1!!

Whitey #2!


Whitey #3...do you see a trend of who is catching the fish?



Oh, somebody decided to catch up...Brad's Whitey #1


Look at his new stache. Child molester? Nah, I've actually grown kinda fond.


Now this catch of the day went to Brad! How in the world he snagged this, I do not know. I think it was a mistake since he was reeling in to re-cast and found this on the end of his hook. How beautiful and cool is this blue claw crab??! I wanted to take it home and boil it for supper!



We ended up catching 4 whitey's and 1 blue claw crab. We had a blast and cannot wait to go back to catch some more! As we were fishing, Bradley would tell me Grandpa Porter fishing stories. At the end of the day, he said...Grandpa Porter sure would be proud of us. Grandpa Porter was definitely smiling on us and laughing because he had put us in the right spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment