Brad, the girls and I went camping this past weekend. I am surprised that we have not done this before now considering how much Brad and I both love the outdoors...but, I guess we just got up the courage to take the dogs too. We headed out Saturday afternoon to our campsite which was an hour and a half south of Jacksonville. The dogs were beside themselves that they were in a packed car heading to who knows where they thought! When we got to Rodman Campground, the first thing we had to do was take the girls for a walk. This began the disaster. Dutchess was so excited and anxious that the first two hours of being at the campsite we were trying to remember why we had brought the dogs along. Dutchess was pulling Brad everywhere while Wellsley had turned completely gray because of the gray tinted sand. Finally, they both calmed down, learned their boundaries and chilled out. This was perfecting timing due to Jess, Rich and Hollis arriving at the camp. We all hung out that afternoon and grilled burgers for dinner. After that, Brad and Rich built a fire for us to sit around and enjoy. It was nice and relaxing in the peace and quiet. Jess and Rich left around 9:30 to go back to their comfy beds in Jacksonville. Brad and I brushed our teeth, put out the fire and went to the tent. Dutchess and Wellsley slept the whole entire night, SURPRISINGLY. Brad and I slept okay too, once I got over all the little sounds around me. I woke Brad up one time to ask him if he heard the noise and he said, "Yes Emily, it's a lot further than you think and nothing to worry about." He thought that was hilarious until we woke up the next morning to find a dog toy right behind our tent that was not there when we went to bed. "See, I'm not paranoid," I said.
Brad made another fire for us Sunday morning while we sat around and enjoyed doughnuts and fruit. After that it was time for us to pack up and head back home. The girls were passed out the whole entire ride home, as if that is a shock and after their baths at home, they were passed out the rest of the day and night. If our mission was to wear them out, mission was definitely accomplished.
Morning Fire
Our little home for one night
Brad and Dutchess playing around
Thank you to the dog who left its toy for us to play with.
Brad and 2/3rds of his girls
Look Wellsley, there are LIZARDS here too!
Campfire again
My little sunshines and me!
Overall, it was a good trip and we ALL had loads of fun! We will be going back, sometime I'm sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment