Friday, February 8, 2013

Homemade Spinach Dip/ Grilled Chicken Florentine

With the Super Bowl being last weekend, Brad and I got to make more snacky items than usual. Since I had not made my spinach dip in a LONG time, we thought that sounded perfect! Boy, had I forgotten how yummy it is! Back a year ago, for reasons I cannot remember, we had lots of spinach and nothing to do with it. In trying to get rid of it, I concocted a spinach dip. For those who know me, I'm not great with writing down every little detail as to what I did in a recipe. Therefore, when I looked up my recipe for Spinach Dip, I had all the ingredients...just not any measurements. haha, typical Emily. I now have it all written down the proper way so you can make and enjoy the dip as well.

My Homemade Spinach Dip                             makes 2 cups
  • 1 tbsp. butter
  • 1/2 tbsp. minced garlic
  • 4 oz. cream cheese
  • dollop of sour cream (1/2 cup)
  • 1/2 cup mayo
  • 8-10 oz. fresh spinach (roughly chopped)
  • salt & pepper to taste
Saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Do not burn or let garlic turn brown. Add cream cheese and continuously stir until melted. Keep stirring while adding the sour cream and mayo. Toss the spinach into the mixture then salt and pepper to taste. Keep on low heat until it is heated thoroughly. Enjoy!

When Brad tried the dip for the first time, he said Ooh make more of that for me to snack on after the party too! I turned the stove top back on and made a second batch. I didn't want to eat it all as "spinach dip" so I thought, hmm wonder what it would taste like on top of grilled chicken? That's where this next recipe comes from.

Grilled Chicken Florentine
2 chicken breasts
1/2 cup spinach dip (from above recipe)
1/4 - 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Grill the chicken breasts, plain. Once chicken is cooked, spread spinach dip on top and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese. Place under the broiler until the cheese is melted and bubbly.

Grill chicken
 

Top with spinach dip and cheese and melt (I added sun dried tomatoes to mine)
 Enjoy!!



You won't be disappointed with either of these recipes...I promise! It has the Bradley seal of approval and that means something, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment