Pork Tenderloin Dry Rub:
One pound tenderloin
1 tbsp. garlic salt
1 1/2 tsp. paprika
1-1 1/2 tbsp. Italian seasoning
Mix the garlic salt, paprika and Italian seasoning in a small dish. Take your tenderloin and cut it into one inch medallions (I usually get 9-10 medallions out of one lb. tenderloin). Sprinkle your dry rub over the tops of the medallions and then rub into the meat. Turn the medallions over and repeat. Cover and place into refrigerator for at least 30 minutes(the longer, the better of course).
Heat your oven up to 450-500 degrees. Get the cast
iron skillet nice and hot on the stovetop. Put one tbsp. of butter into the hot skillet and let melt. Then add the pork tenderloin medallions to skillet. Let sear for 4 minutes.
Turn the medallions over and sear for 4 minutes on the other side. As you can see, your tenderloin will have a nice golden crisp on the outside.
Once the medallions have been seared on both sides for a total of 8 minutes, place the skillet into hot oven. (I usually cut small cubes of butter and put back on top of each medallion before putting into oven.) Continue to cook the tenderloin for 7-8 more minutes in oven. Serve immediately.
I promise you will not be disappointed if you try this recipe. It is one of my favorite meats now when cooked this way. I will forewarn you Northerners...it does pack a little spice and heat. ha!!
We served skillet corn and broccoli along side the pork tenderloin.
Meanwhile...What to do with my Bee Balm Herb?
The rosemary from my herb planter did not make it very well so I said, "out with the old and in with the new!" I did not ever use the rosemary much anyways, because Bradley hated it. He would complain for days about me putting "grass" into his bread or on his chicken. Therefore, when I went to choose my new herb to replace the rosemary, I knew to definitely not get rosemary again or anything 'woody'. I chose bee balm? I knew nothing about bee balm except for it being in the mint family and smelling wonderfully. As I have researched what all bee balm is used for, I am glad I chose it! It brings something totally new and different to the table than my other herbs (spicy, hot basil; parsley; sweet basil). Bee balm is used for many medicinal purposes, but also used in making Oswego tea. I will not bore you all with its many purposes, but it is a cool herb...if there is such? I went for the tea option to accompany our meal tonight.
leaves and discarded their stems.
Next, boil 8 cups of water and add to the bee balm leaves in a pitcher. Cover the pitcher and allow to steep until the tea becomes cool. Remove the leaves from the water. Add as much honey or sugar to your liking.
Oswego Iced Tea with sugar and ice
And then there's dessert.
Martha's Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
(made famous by Mrs. Martha Roberts)
1 box Devil's Food Cake
4 oz. instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup sour cream
4 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup water
6 oz. chocolate chips
Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips. When mixture is smooth, then fold in the chocolate chips and pour into a greased bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Cool before serving.
This cake is so easy to make and is nothing short of AMAZING! It is one of my favorite cakes to make and stays very moist! We actually eat this cake for breakfast...haha, I know...it's just that good, I promise!
I like to eat mine with fresh strawberries. If we only had whip cream to dollop on top!
No comments:
Post a Comment