Let me start out by showing you our scenery while fishing.
Mayport Naval Ships in Port
Shrimp Boats constantly coming in and out from shrimping...notice the birds? CRAZY!
SH-60 Bravo's and MH-60 Romeo's continuously taking off the pads. Pretty cool that's what Bradley does for his job!! (flies MH-60 Romeo's that is)
Sea Turtles love to come visit us while fishing! It is so neat to see them swimming by!
We see lots and lots of dolphins up close, but I have yet to get a good picture of one surfacing. Hopefully I will be able to get one someday soon!
Here's Bradley catching our bait (mullet) with a cast net. He has gotten quite good and can catch up to 20 at a time! It is beyond hilarious watching us try to get them from the net to our bucket. The slanted rocks do not help our cause!
Black Sea Bass...looks very similar to a tripletail. These fish like to stay tucked up close to the rocks. Very cool looking fish up close
Good ole' pinfish...they are called Pinfish because the first several dorsal spines are super sharp and will prick you like a pin. Believe me, it's a good name for this fish.
This is a Toadfish. I was beyond excited when I caught my first one. These fish are very interesting and different. I like to call them devils because their eyes are red and scary...plus they have poisonous spines. Awesome fish.
When I caught this guy, I had no clue what I had on the end of my line. He bit my hook and took off. Brad had to coach me to get this fish in. Once we got home that night, we had to figure out what exactly we had caught. Here's the AMERICAN EEL. Again, super excited to pull this one out of the water! It gave a great fight, bent/broke our hook, and had a mouth made of concrete.
Bradley didn't know what to do with this one!
I am still not sure as to what this fish is. It looks very similar to a White Sea Bream and is definitely in the same family as a sheepshead. We will go with White Sea Bream until told otherwise :).
Have you ever seen a fish with teeth like this??! It has human teeth with molars! I didn't take a chance of taking the hook out of this one with my hand, no the pliers had to do the trick this time. Again, AWESOME fish!
This last fish is my favorite catch up to date. I will probably never get to catch one again so I am glad I have had the honor. If you were impressed by the teeth of the White Sea Bream, check out the teeth on this ribbonfish!
The ribbonfish was a scary catch. As soon as I pulled it out of the water, it started slithering its body like a snake (or waving like a ribbon in the wind). It was a CREEPY fish which makes it my number one! It was one unique fish. Bradley and I will never forget it nor catching the American Eel.
Hope you enjoy the pictures!!









No comments:
Post a Comment