Sunday, May 6, 2012

Brad's Favorite Grilled Chicken

Life gets boring with plain grilled chicken and hamburgers. Around here, we like to spice it up a little and do a different spin on chicken and ground beef. I found this recipe for grilled chicken with spicy bacon spiked sauce and gave it a try.

Grilled Chicken with Spicy Bacon Spiked Sauce                                Serves 2
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Marinade:
2 tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
1/3 cup Olive Oil
1 tbsp. brown sugar
2 tsp. steak seasoning (I used a BBQ rub)
Sauce:
1/3 cup honey
2-3 slices of bacon (diced)
1 tbsp. Worcestershire
1-2 tsp. hot sauce ( I added more to give it a kick)

Combine marinade ingredients in a Ziploc. Add the chicken to the bag and marinate in refrigerator for 3 hours or so. Make the sauce: Cut the bacon into small pieces and fry in a skillet until slightly crisp. Remove the bacon and drain on paper towels. DO NOT pour out the bacon grease or clean the skillet. Set the skillet on medium-low heat and add the honey, worcestershire, and hot sauce. Stir to combine and let simmer. Stir in bacon, then remove from heat and set aside.

Take chicken out of marinade and discard the marinade. Grill chicken until completely done. Pour sauce over grilled chicken.




The chicken was very tender and juicy. I served the chicken with yukon gold potatoes (baked in olive oil, salt & pepper, and dry ranch powder) and baked beans.
 

 I hope you'll try this recipe out! It's worth it! ENJOY!!



No comments:

Post a Comment