Monday, April 16, 2012

Recent Views of the GTM Research Reserve

Since I have not blogged about the Guana Tolomato Matanzas National Estuarine Research Reserve recently, I figured it was time! Every time I go to volunteer, I try to get a picture of my surroundings and show what all is currently going on there.

This is the crew who went out to chainsaw various oak trees and palmettos. As explained in an earlier blog, we are getting ready to do a prescribed burn around the Reserve. The area shown here is one of the fire breaks. Our job that day was to extend the fire break further in places the tractor could not reach. 
(Me, Jake, Victoria, and Mike)

(Me, Mr. Gary, Victoria, and Mike)
Mr. Gary is our supervisor and one of the head Rangers at the Research Reserve.


These next three pictures are from a different day. This day we were rebuilding the boardwalk on the North Beach lot. This was my view while I got to work! You cannot beat that. The beach was absolutely beautiful that day.










The portion of the boardwalk we completed.
I've never screwed that many screws!
The above picture was from a different day as well. I just had to show off the large pine tree I cut down. I used a 12 inch saw to cut this big boy down therefore it was work!

If you cannot tell from pictures, this place is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment