Monday, December 3, 2012

Happy, Happy BIG 26 Bradley!

We celebrated Bradley's birthday recently and I thought I would share the pictures! It was a fun filled day, I will never forget. Brad surprised me the afternoon of his birthday by telling me to go outside and look up. I ran to the neighbor's house and told them to come outside as well, because Brad was about to fly over! Sure enough within 5 minutes of being outside, we hear rotor blades chopping through the sky...was Bradley really coming?! Yes, here Brad comes in his helicopter 100 feet above us. It was awesome!!! He made 5 or 6 circles over our street before departing.

 It was by far the coolest thing I have ever seen or experienced! By the time he flew off, I looked down the road to find the whole street outside of their house watching. A nearby neighbor, who we know, yelled down the street and said,"Was that Brad? That was AWESOME!!" He not only made my day, but also several others by flying over! I have to say, I am a very proud wife and that was a PROUD moment.

Once Brad got home for dinner, I had something special waiting on him. Bradley loves Mexican food, but especially Taquitos. Therefore, for his birthday dinner, I made grilled skirt steak taquitos with black bean puree, roasted poblano salsa and cilantro tequila cream. It was amazing if I may say so myself. I told him not to get used to that dinner though, because it was only for special occasions! Too many steps for a normal night in.

Since Brad's birthday is so close to Thanksgiving and sometimes falls on Thanksgiving Day, we usually have his birthday cake for Thanksgiving. That was the case this year as well...we had chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake for Thanksgiving dessert/Brad's birthday. I think this cheesecake will always be his wish for his birthday...



Now of course, I still had to have a little something to stick a candle into on his actual birthday as well. So, for his BIRTHday, I made his other favorite, OH HENRY bars. After being stuffed, he opened his presents and cards. Another birthday down and many, many more to look forward to!! I hope it was all you wished for, Bradley!








 ON A TOTALLY DIFFERENT NOTE:

Sorry guys for not blogging in awhile. Google Blogger has been blocking me from uploading new pictures due to lack of picture storage space. Supposedly, Blogger just started making bloggers pay for picture space, therefore charging you to blog. I have currently found a way around this by deleting older posts and gaining more storage. Hopefully this continues to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment