Thursday, July 12, 2012

While Brad was gone...

I know I am quite behind on posting and what I am posting about happened almost a month ago, but oh well! While Brad was away for two weeks for Navy training, I had to keep myself busy. Therefore, I called my mom and next thing I knew, she was coming to keep me company in Jacksonville! Not just mom though...Laura Jane and Kasey accompanied! They arrived on a Monday afternoon and stayed until Friday (when Kasey, LJ, Mom, Dutchess, Wellsley and I packed up in the car) and made the 10 hour drive to Mississippi. Here are some pictures from our week of fun together in JAX!

 LJ having fun boogey boarding
 Kasey in the midst of the seaweed
 One of the many little crabs Kasey and LJ caught! Pretty cool!
 Kasey, LJ, and I in the water
 Mom and I...whew at the hair! She will kill me when she sees this!
 The girls and I eating at Singleton's Seafood Shack
 
 We Tye-Dyed Tanks one night for 4th of July
 Mini Photo Opp for the Tourists. ha!
 They really do love each other!
 

I had a blast having them in Jacksonville and was so glad they were able to come! We ate ice cream every night and went to Chick-fil-a four times. Enough said.

Friday morning arrived quickly like always and off we were to Mississippi. The trip went smoothly and we actually made good timing despite my mom's desire to stop at every little fruit/veggie stand in Georgia. When we got to Mississippi, we dropped the girls off and mom and I headed straight for Pickwick. I spent the weekend with the family at the cabin and it was amazing to say the least. I absolutely love Pickwick, in case you didn't know! 

 Wellsley loves the water as well! Especially riding on the boat!
 One of the many gorgeous mansions at Pickwick
 Me and my other favorite child...Dutchess had the time of her life that weekend! It was her first experience on a boat!


My grandmother and Uncle Mark came up to the cabin on Saturday and spent the day with us. It was so great to get to see them and spend time with them! Saturday night, Brad's parents came over for dinner and we grilled out! Of course, it was lovely to see them as well!

 The rest of the week spent in Corinth was relaxing...didn't do a whole lot. I got to see all the girls at Ginger's :) and spend even more time with my family. Since Brad and I were apart on our anniversary and had no contact, his family had me over for a great steak dinner and Shillito family time! It was a wonderful night spent with the next best people (Brad being the best of course)! Time at home was awesome and very much needed. BUT once the next Thursday rolled around...I was on my way back to Jacksonville! Sara Beth rode with me and took me through every back road from there to here. I have no idea how we went, but somehow got here just fine! OH and you know the saying "the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree?" Well, it is definitely true because Sara made me stop like 5 times (just like my mom!)
My sunglasses were all crooked

I got to pick up Bradley on Friday night/early Saturday morning and I was ecstatic!!! To say I missed him is a huge understatement. My best friend was back...therefore, I felt like my old self again...complete.



No comments:

Post a Comment